Friday, February 29, 2008

"The moment of truth, the sudden emergence of a new insight, is an act of intuition. Such intuitions give the appearace of miraculous flashes, or short-circuits of reasoning. In fact they may be likened to an immersed chain, of which only the beginning and the end are visable above the surface of consciousness. The diver vanishes at one end of the chain and comes up at the other end, guided by invisible links." - Arthur Koestler


I have become distinctly comfortable in trusting my 'instincts.'
When I was in elementary school I was told by a classmate that my heart was black. All of my friends were having their First Holy Communion, but I didn't even know what it was. My parents never took me to church or preached any form of religion onto my sister and I, so I was terrified when my friends at school told me that I was going to hell. I expressed this fear to my parents so my father and I went to the bookstore where he bought me the Reader's Digest Bible for Children and a kid's book on world religions. I read the Bible often with honest hope that I would make it to heaven. Eventually I lost interest and began to realize that it doesn't matter, there is no God, no one is going to heaven.
And this I trust.

No comments: