Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My thoughts and views are mainly cohesive with what I understand of Clark's "naturalism." I rely on experiences and scientific evidence to shape my understanding of the world and therefore I do not hold in my beliefs any notions of the supernatural.

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." (Anonymous)

I tend to live by the sentiment that I need solid and substantial proof in order to commit what I believe as truths. Consequently, I do not posses faith in supernatural entities, such as god or any other high power that transends the physical world. This type of existence cannot be proven and is simply incohesive with the rest of the world as I see it.
I have struggled to understand the logic in devoting oneself to a relationship with something that's existence is fabricated upon blind belief. In the past I have tried & achieved no satisfaction in attempting such a relationship. I contest, however, that whether or not a supernatural entity such as God exists is unimportant. It can be seen that such devotion to faith truly enriches peoples' lives by instilling a sense of purpose and vibrance to the way people live.

No comments: