Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I don't believe that there is a meaning to life or that individuals have purposes, but I have recently developed upon these ideas. Since there is nothing beyond existence on earth and everyone's essence is fatal I had established the idea that the only thing I could do is try to make myself happy in my lifetime. I had decided that no one could do anything that could profoundly affect anyone else's life because nothing would ever be capable of changing life's terminal quality. I question why I hadn't already explored this notion, but since this is all we have - my quest for happiness is not nearly as selfish as I had thought. I'm sure that I affect many more people than I realize, and while before I theorized that that didn't matter I now know that it does. Happiness is the only goal that we can reasonably strive for and by spreading such a notion hopefully people will be able to acheive a higher sense of peace within themselves.

No comments: